What is Corneal Reshaping Therapy?
Corneal Reshaping Therapy (Orthokeratology or Ortho-K for short), refers to a process involving specially designed contact lenses. The contact lenses, worn while you sleep, reshape the corneal surface in your eyes. It’s an excellent choice for people who are nearsighted and no longer wish to wear corrective glasses or daily contacts but are not yet interested in Lasik surgery.
What to Expect
There are many benefits to consider when it comes to using Ortho-K for vision correction, including the following:
- Suitable and effective for children between the ages of 8 and 12 who are just beginning to experience nearsightedness.
- Useful for active people who participate in sports and water activities.
- Less expensive than Lasik surgery.
- Non-surgical and non-invasive, meaning there are fewer risks than with other types of vision correction procedures.
- Fast acting with vision correction occurring in as little as one day to a few weeks.
As you can see, there are plenty of potential benefits for using Ortho-K for children and adults.
Why Consider Ortho-K for Children?
Many parents are reluctant to consider solutions, like contact lenses for children. Ortho-K is different, though, in that children do not wear contact lenses all day. They can be as rough-and-tumble as usual throughout the day without worries over losing the contact or damaging it.
Then, when it is time for them to settle in for the night, children can wear their corrective contacts while sleeping. It’s the ultimate freedom for children as it provides them with vision correction without the need to keep up with eyeglasses or protect contact lenses throughout the day.
Why do We Offer Ortho-K?
At Losada Vision we believe that everyone deserves to live a life unbound by eyeglasses and contact lenses. While not everyone qualifies for Lasik surgery, wants to assume the risks involved in Lasik surgery, or wants to go through the expense of this type of surgery, Ortho-K provides an attractive alternative. This may not be the right path for every vision correction problem but offers real solutions for those who are nearsighted and seeking alternatives to glasses, contacts, or Lasik surgery.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Here, we attend to patients of all ages as we believe that everyone deserves healthy eyes.
- We use advanced and the latest optometric equipment to guarantee our patients the best services
- We offer full range optometric services
- Those with busy schedules can enjoy flexible optometry treatment hours depending on their availability.
Let us help you
Losada Vision believes that it is our duty to provide you with expert care. We avail you with top-notch vision solutions and exceptional customer care to ensure that we’ve not only restored your site, but can also resume your normal duty without a hitch. Our warm and welcoming staff will take the time to get to know you, your eye care history, and your vision requirements to guarantee you have the clearest vision.